WRITING IS A SKILL, NOT A TALENT. IT CAN BE IMPROVED WITH PRACTISE
4 WEEKS | NON-CREDIT BEARING ONLINE SHORT COURSE
This short course will provide you with an understanding of – and the tools to – successfully write paragraphs, essays, assignments, proposals, or a mini dissertation and provide a strong academic argument. The course is ideal for students and learners who have to complete assignments, assessments, write essays and mini dissertations.
Would you like to better understand academic writing as a concept? If so, our Academic Writing short course is ideal for you.This course will provide you with an understanding of, and the tools to, successfully write paragraphs, essays, assignments, proposals or a mini dissertation and provide a strong academic argument.
- What is academic writing?
- Analysing the question
- How to write paragraphs
- Presenting an academic argument
- Relevance trees and the literature review
- Plagiarism and paraphrasing
- Referencing techniques
- Understand academic writing as a concept
- Understand and use an effective reading strategy
- Understand how to analyse a question
- Understand the requirements of different instructional keywords
- Outline and write an academic paragraph
- Understand how to combine paragraphs into an assignment
- Construct an academic argument
- Differentiate between explaining a concept and writing an academic argument for or against a concept
- Understand what is meant by relevance trees and how to construct it
- Understand what is meant by a literature review in academic writing and how to write a literature review
- Understand and apply what is meant by plagiarism, paraphrasing, and referencing
With us, you have access to online, academic, technical, and administrative support on a daily and continuous basis. As this is a distance learning qualification, a large part of self-study is required. We will, however, provide you with the foundations required and monitor and support you every step of the way.
Each module has various assessments. The assessments are short and focused, making sure your studies deliver maximum impact and take your busy schedule into consideration.
- Asynchronous and in-house options are available
R 1 250 per learner
No registration fee.