IMPROVE EFFICIENCY | REDUCE WASTE | INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY
Lean in the Workplace
6 WEEKS | NON-CREDIT BEARING ONLINE SHORT COURSE
During this online short course participants will learn how to reduce waste and inefficiencies in an organisation, create a more visible workplace with better flow of processes and develop a continuous improvement mindset. Implementing the principles taught in this course will enable organisations to remain competitive, increase the value delivered to the customers, decrease the cost of doing business and increase overall profitability.
Learn the skills to improve efficiency, reduce waste and increase productivity in your company by enrolling in the Lean in the Workplace online short course.
- The origins and building blocks of Lean
- Identifying value in the workplace
- Value stream mapping
- Creating flow in operations
- Pull from customer requirements
- Supporting continuous improvement
- Explain the background to Lean manufacturing and the basic building blocks thereof
- Differentiate between value and non-value adding activities in a business.
- Identify different forms of waste in the workplace
- Apply the methodology and steps of value stream mapping
- Describe the tools that can be used to create flow in operations
- Explain how production is pulled from customer requirements
- Discuss the tools that can be used to support continuous improvement in the workplace
- Describe how theory of constraints can be used to improve productivity
With us, you have access to online, academic, technical, and administrative support on a daily and continuous basis. As this is a distance learning qualification, a large part of self-study is required. We will, however, provide you with the foundations required and monitor and support you every step of the way.
Each module has various assessments. The assessments are short and focused, making sure your studies deliver maximum impact and take your busy schedule into consideration.
- Dates: 24 January 2021
- Asynchronous and in-house options are available
R 3 800 per learner
No registration fee.